As I continue cleaning out my "should blog this" folder, I noticed quite a few interesting ideas on the general theme of Jesus/People Who Like Jesus/Things People Say About Jesus, etc. Here are a handful of Jesus-related shoulda bloggeds...
- There is no attribution, so it may or not be true, but former SBC President Jimmy Draper is reported to have told the truth as he sees it about the Southern Baptist Convention. If you have a connection to Southern Baptists, you should read what he says.
- "Praise the Lord, and pass the ammo," they say - have you played the Left Behind video game where you get points for killing the forces of the Antichrist? Nothing says Jesus loves you like a head shot.
- A long time ago, Andy Crouch interviewed the Bishop of the Church of Uganda, Dr. David Zac Niringiye, about what Americans should know about the Church in Africa. This is worth a few posts - you really must read this article.
- A friend passed on this article on "Freedom from Quiet Time Guilt." I don't agree with everything written here (or maybe just the tone) but it is worth a read.
- Mark 10:17-22 gets paraphrased by Mike Todd - paraphrased the way we really interpret the passage. Anyone challenged by this? Anyone offended?
- Finally, the Chicago Tribune's report on "Jesus in China." Because I know you'll just pass over this, I'm posting the first paragraph to get your clicking finger warmed up...
Rev. Jin Mingri peered out from the pulpit and delivered an unusual appeal: "Please leave," the 39-year-old pastor commanded his followers, who were packed, standing-room-only on a Sunday afternoon, into a converted office space in China's capital. "We don't have enough seats for the others who want to come, so, please, only stay for one service a day."
There you go - six links worth clicking if you're interested in Jesus-related topics. Each worthy of a long-winded blog post that never happened. :)